Picture
Camp Hardy Staff
CAMP HARDY WAS SET UP ONLY FOR GREEN BERETS,
NAVY SEALS, MARINE FORCE RECON, AIR FORCE
COMMANDO'S, AND OTHER SELECT GROUPS WHO WENT THRU THIS
CAMP BEFORE THEY WENT TO VIETNAM.

THIS WAS THE MOST ELITE CAMP OF IT'S KIND DURING THE
VIETNAM WAR. IN FACT I WOULD SAY IT WAS THE MOST
SOFISTICATED JUNGLE WARFARE TRAINING IN THE
WORLD DURING THAT TIME PERIOD.

SIGNED HUGH R. TAYLOR 1ST SFG\ABN

I love the picture. It give us courage to be a better soldier not in the battle field but a soldier of our nation. It is a fair credut to us all.
marcieFriday, November 28, 2008 - 11:54 AM

HELLO MR TAYLOR, I AM THE DAUGHTER OF ROGER L. MCFARLIN, MY FATHER WAS ALSO @ CAMP HARDY..HE HAS PICTURES OF HIM STANDING IN FRONT OF THE ARMS ROOM, AND THE DATE OF THE PICTURE IS MAY 1969, BUT I BELIVE HE WAS THERE FROM JAN 1969, HE HAS ALSO PICTURES OF THE BEACH, ON THE BACK THERE ARE A FEW LINES...HE DESCRIBES BRIEFLY THAT IN THE PICTURE THE BOAT IS FROM CAMP HARDY AND HE IS ON A ISLAND SCUBA DIVING.....ALSO STATING THAT THEY CAMPED OUT THERE AND THE ISLAND IS ONLY ONE MILE LONG...OTHER PICTURE ON BACK STATING GETTING READY FOR NIGHT OPERATIONS CLEANING WEAPONS AND GETTING AMMO TOGETHER ALSO STATES AROUND CAMP WEARING BLACK CAPS INSTED OF THE GREEN BARET IN THE PICTURE HE IS STANDING INFRONT OF A WOOD PANEL WITH A ROUND SIGN WITH THE WRITING AIRBORNE AND CAMP HARDY COMBAT TRNGCTR...I WOULD BE GREATFUL IF YOU BY ANY CHANCE REMEMBER HIM...AND TELL ME THE MISSIONS THAT HE WAS INVOLVED IN YOU SEE, I LEARNED FROM MY FATHER ALL THE FOUNDEMENTALS TO BECOME AN ADULT WITH MORALS, RESPECT FOR OTHERS, TO BE HONEST, AND HE MADE US A STRONG FAMILY WITH BONDING THAT NO MATTER WHAT WOULD HAPPEN WE WOULD GE THROUGH IT TOGETHER, THE ONLY THING THAT HE WOULD NEVER WANT TO TALK ABOUT WAS VIETNAM, EVEN THOUGH BECAUSE OF HIS SERVICE FOR HIS COUTRY MADE HIM MY HERO, AND MADE ME SO PROUD THAT HE IS MY DAD....FROM MY MOM THROUGH THE YEARS I LEARNED HE WAS WOUNDED TWICE,,,HE DOES HAVE 2 PURPLE HEARTS...HE LEFT 1ST SFG AND WAS ASSIGNED TO 173RD ABN BDE 503RD CO A 4 IN SEP 1970 WAS WITH THEM FOR A MONTH WENT TO CO E 4TH BN 503RD AND I BELIVE THAT IS WHEN HE WAS WOUNDED AND ALMOST KILLED BECAUSE HIS PURPLE HEART CERTIFICATE STATED WOUNDED IN DEC OF 1970.....NEXT ENTRY IS PATIENT USAH FT LERNEWOOD MISSOURI WENT ON WITH THE 504TH THAN 509TH ABCT MET MY MOTHER IN ITALY WAS MP THAN CID RETIRED AS CID FT HOOD TX AFTER A LIFE OF SERVICE...I LOST MY HERO LAST YEAR ON FEB THE 1ST FRON LYMPHOMA HE WAS ONLY 60 YRS OLD..THAT IS WHEN I STARTED GETTING INFO FROM HIS MILITARY ORDERS TO WHERE HE WAS AND WHAT HE DID.....I AM SO PROUD OF HIM AND OF YOU AS WELL FOR SERVING OUR COUNTRY..THANK YOU...WELL ENOUGH OF MY TALKING YOUR EAR OFF..BASICALLY I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW FROM YOU IF YOU KNOW HOW HE GOT WOUNDED AND WHAT HE DID....HE HAS A PATCH THAT HAS A V AND RECONDO WRITTEN ON IT WENT ON HIS SLEEVE I BELIVE......I THANK YOU FOR LISTENING TO ME AND HOPEFULLY YOU CAN HELP ME.....SINCERELY MARCIE MCFARLIN HIS NICKNAME WAS "EASY MAC"
HUGH R. TAYLOR 1ST SFG\ABN OKINAWA, JAPANTuesday, June 03, 2008 - 3:35 PM
MY CAMP HARDY BROTHERS
I WORKED ALONG SIDE THESE TWO GUYS & OTHER STAFF PERSONNEL PREPARING THE COMBAT REACTION COURSE FOR THE MILITARY SPECIAL OPS UNITS THAT WERE THERE FOR THE TRAINING. OUR EOD PEOPLE
SET UP BOOBY TRAPS AND EXPLOSIVES ALONG THE TRAIL IN ORDER TO GIVE THE REALISTIC FEEL OF REAL COMBAT. THIS WAS NO PLACE FOR MISTAKES, THEY WERE USING
THE REAL STUFF EXCEPT FOR THE BOOBY TRAPS WHERE WE USED GRENADE SIMULATORS AND DET CORD IN PLACE OF HIGH EXPLOSIVES, THAT WAS ON THE JUNGLE TRAIL
ITSELF. THE HIGH EXPLOSIVES WAS USED ONLY ON THE SIDES OF THE TRAIL PUT IN DEEP WATER HOLES SET TO GO OFF WHEN THE PATROL WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE COURSE. BELIEVE
ME THAT GOT EVERYONES ATTENTION. I WILL POST MORE COMMENTS ON THIS SUBJECT AS I THINK OF THEM, IT'S BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE I WAS THERE: 1969.
Hugh R. TaylorThursday, May 08, 2008 - 9:22 PM
Camp Hardy Info
Looking for anyone else who trained at Camp Hardy, so I can add there
experiences to the site.

Comments

Hil Jenkins
07/28/2014 7:15am

I was on camp hard for 2 weeks in June 1970. I lost my certificate of training over the years. Is it a possibility you have connections with anyone that has records. I've contacted the records in the USA and they don't have a copy. I retired from a college in North Florida and am now living in Central America not far from the old jungle school in Panama.

Thanks,
Hil Jenkins

02/17/2015 11:00am

still got mine hanging on wall getting kind of yellow but still there

10/14/2015 11:57am

There are so many forces in this world. Some forces are very special and some are normal. Special Forces are very necessary for any state to protect state from any bad incident or some external threats.

11/09/2015 8:09am

Special forces are very important for the people of the society without the special forces the people cannot able to become safe. The people should work hard in their countries.

02/26/2016 7:22am

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience! I also love the picture. And you;re right! It gives us courage to be a better soldier not in the battle field but a soldier of our nation. Beautiful words!

04/26/2016 3:45am

Camp hardy staff is especially for the Special Force peoples. They visit in this camp in the war days. This blog is related about past days.

Camp Hardy inhibits the Special Forces and their work has always been tremendous for the nation. They do deserve the best college paper writing service there is and hopefully, the work would end up appreciated at both ends.

08/23/2016 2:16am

SEMrush is a powerful and versatile competitive intelligence suite for online marketing, from SEO and PPC to social media and video advertising research.

11/30/2016 6:32am

edius pro 8 is a popular and reliable multimedia software that gives you easy access to edit your videos in a professional way.

03/04/2017 2:00am

Appvn is the best available application on android platform to download paid apps for absolutely no cost

Hello sir, after I read the article you get to the bottom, It is very interesting to look at, it can provide benefits, and also the lessons, I really like it.

03/29/2017 12:32am

Thank you very much for the info agan convey and hopefully useful to my friend who read it.
and for a friend who needs

03/29/2017 1:05am

and for a friend

03/29/2017 1:11am

Something the information that we should consider